Texas Houston East Mission

Texas Houston East Mission

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas week

This Christmas was very different compared to all my other christmases
I've had. It was almost 80 degrees the whole day, but I guess that's
what you'd expect from Texas weather. Christmas is a great time to
contact people. Everyone is willing to listen to our message about
Christ. But it's pretty hard to get appointments with people, since
they're busy with the holidays. But Elder Saunders and I met a lot of
neat people that we have return appointments for in January.
Unfortunately, Elder Saunders will be leaving Beaumont. We just got
our transfer calls on Saturday, and we found out the He'll be leaving,
but we don't know where he is going yet. I'll be staying here for at
least 6 more weeks, but at most 12 more weeks. This also means that
I'm done with training. I'm still technically called a greenie until
I've been out for 6 months, but I'm at least not a brand new greenie.

We have been meeting with one of our investigators Pear a lot. We
actually got her on date for baptism. She should be baptized on the
14th of January. She does smoke, but we have a program which if she
follows, she'll be off of the nicotine addiction in a week.

Things are definitely going to change here in the week. And we'll have
to see what happens, but things are looking pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment