Texas Houston East Mission

Texas Houston East Mission

Sunday, October 2, 2016

First Message from the MTC‏

Hello everyone!

My first two weeks at the MTC have been great! I've learned so much and I've never felt the Spirit more in my life! Everyone is so nice and fun to be around.

I'll be leaving for Houston at 5 AM next Monday. I have a connecting flight in Denver, and then I'll be in Houston at noon. I can't wait!

The MTC is kinda tough though. The classes are really long and the food is just average BYU food. I really can't wait to get to Texas!

There's this one guy in our district called Elder Swanson. He's from way up north in Idaho, and for the first week or so everybody thought he was autistic. Not in a mean way or anything, it's just that he never socialized or talked, and was always taking notes with this super small handwriting. No joke, he was ALWAYS taking notes. Anyways, Sunday night we were watching 17 miracles, and when the movie was over, and me and my comp, and Elder Swanson and his comp were walking back to the room, I had the impression to just put my arm around the guy, and make him feel better. I kind of ignored it, but it came again a few seconds later, so I did, and ever since then he's opened way up. He's actually a really normal kid, and he's really funny. He really doesn't have the slightest hint of autism or anything. but that Sunday night when I was going to sleep I just started crying because I realized it was the Holy Ghost telling me to just make him feel better.




-Elder Jones







No comments:

Post a Comment